I suppose being Italian has something to do with it, but I love cheesecake… Really, really, really love cheesecake! But as I’ve cleaned up my diet, I can’t even take a bite of the traditional cheesecake anymore without feeling sick… It’s usually way too sweet for me, and the ingredients turn my stomach into knots. But this weekend, I was craving cheesecake in a bad way! So I made one that tastes a LOT like the real thing, but that’s actually GOOD for me! It’s Raw, Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Egg Free – which means my whole family can eat it!!
I’ve had this well-known Raw Cashew Dreamcake recipe from ‘My New Roots’ for a couple of years now, but the problem was the proportions. Her recipe makes an adorable little 7″ springform cake that never turned out right in my much larger 9″ Springform pan. So, I’ve tweaked the ingredients & amounts to make my own version that fills the pan just right & gets gobbled up by all.
What I love most about this Raw Cheesecake Recipe is the flexibility you have with the ingredients & flavors. Each time I make it, I can experiment with something new & yummy to mix in… Strawberry, Chocolate, Blueberry, Mango, Guava… you get the idea!! I hope you’ll do the same and enjoy it as much as we do.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
This Raw Cheesecake Recipe is so Easy & Delicious! There’s NO Dairy, Gluten, Grains or Eggs! It can be whipped up in just a few minutes & Everyone will enjoy it!
- 3 Cups Raw Cashews (Soak for 30 min to soften – the longer you soak, the creamier the cashews will be)
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice (Juice from Approx. 3 Lemons)
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Raw Coconut Oil
- 2/3 Cup Raw Honey (you can also use Agave Nectar)
- 3 Cups Berries or Fruit (thaw if frozen)
- Soak Cashews in just enough water to cover them so they soften. Approx. 30 minutes.
- Place Crust Ingredients in Food Processor or Vitamix and blend until it will stick together. Press mixture firmly in to the bottom of your Springform Pan.
- In your Vitamix, blend the oil and honey until smooth, then add the soaked Cashews (drained), Lemon Juice & Vanilla. Blend again on High until all ingredients are smooth. Use your tamper as needed.
- Pour 2/3 of the Cashew mixture onto the Crust Layer in our pan and smooth with back of spoon.
- Return remaining mixture to Vitamix and add your Strawberries. Blend on High until smooth.
- Pour Strawberry Mixture over the top of the Cashew mixture and smooth with the back of spoon.
- Place Springform pan into freezer for 8-12 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
- Before serving, remove the Springform ring and cut with hot knife.
- Store leftovers in freezer.
In my cheesecake pictured above, I made the strawberry layer thicker than the ‘cheesecake’ part… but you can make it all ‘cheesecake’ or all ‘strawberry’ or topped with whatever fresh berry or flavor you want! =)
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 200