I had good intentions for that bunch of bananas on my counter, but they’re too ripe & so mushy it makes me gag at the idea of eating them. For a split second I’m tempted to throw them away, but I hate to throw away food. Then a little bell goes off & I remember… it’s BANANA BREAD to the rescue!
This Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe is also Dairy Free & Egg Free (Vegan) & contains No Refined Sugar! I am always shocked by how big the loaf rises in the oven & my family can hardly wait to get a slice.
If you’re looking for my other Banana Bread Recipe that uses Regular or Gluten Free Flour, Eggs, Flax & Honey… you can check out my Monkey Muffins Recipe over here.
The tools & ingredients I use in this recipe are:
- 2¼ Cups Erika's Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 5 Medium Sized Ripe Bananas
- ¾ Cup Coconut Palm Sugar (you can also use regular or brown sugar)
- ⅔ Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In Small Bowl, whisk together your Dry Mix Ingredients & Set-Aside.
- Place Ripe Bananas in the bowl of your Stand Mixer fitted with the wire whisk & whisk on Medium-High Speed until bananas are mashed completely.
- Add in your Sugar, Coconut Oil & Vanilla & mix again on Medium-High Speed for 1-2 minutes until everything is smooth and well incorporated.
- Add your Dry Mix Ingredients to the Stand Mixer & mix all ingredients together well on Medium-High Speed for approx. 1 minute. Stop to scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Mix in any Optional Ingredients on a Low-Medium setting until just incorporated.
- Spray your 9" x 5" Loaf Pan with non-stick spray. I use the USA 9 x 5 x 2.75 Loaf Pan & I love its consistently good results.
- Scrape all of the batter into your prepared Loaf Pan (it should fill the pan approx. ⅔ full).
- Place in your pre-heated oven & bake for 45 - 60 minutes - or until the bread reads 210-220 on your digital thermometer & the tester comes out mostly clean (banana bread is always slightly moist). Tent the top of the loaf with aluminum foil if it is browning too quickly.
- Once fully cooked, remove the loaf from the oven and let rest for 1-2 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to cool on a rack.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Banana Bread should be light, moist & soft.
- Leftovers are best stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag on counter for 2-3 days or in the Refrigerator.
The batter starts out only filling about 2/3 of the pan… but after 10 minutes in the oven, it begins to rise above the pan… and with no eggs!
Look at that beautiful rise! Even without eggs, this Gluten Free, Vegan Banana Bread Recipe is moist & yummy!