What do birthday parties and an Ol’ Yeller movie have in common? Absolutely nothing… except for the sad feeling at the end when everybody is being served cake & ice cream and I have to tell my kids they can’t have any. Thankfully there’s no rabid dog to shoot.
I have several special dessert recipes that I save for such occasions and this one is a favorite with the kids since it tastes just like a regular ‘cookie’ – but without the stuff that makes ’em sick! Plus, most other people won’t even notice what’s missing.
This recipe is what I call the perfect ‘Cross-Over Recipe’ which bridges the gap between special diets & someone who can eat anything. It’s not my healthiest recipe, but that’s why I save it for special occasions. =)
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
Here is the ingredient list and procedure for this recipe – feel free to experiment with it! If you have the Living Cookbook software, you can import the free recipe file by cutting and pasting it right into your program.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe – Dairy Free Too!
1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (the kind without sugar or other additives)
3/4 Cup Evaporated Cane Juice (or regular granulated sugar) – Do not use Honey as a Substitute.
1 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use the Mini Dairy Free kind by Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, beat all ingredients until well blended. Mixture should be moist, but slightly crumbly.
- Using a cookie scoop, or your hands, form dough into small balls and place onto a parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet or baking stone.
- You can press each dough ball with a fork for a traditional Peanut Butter Cookie ‘Criss Cross’, a sprinkle with extra sugar if desired.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool completely, and serve!
Yield: Approx. 32 Small 2″ Cookies
Prep & Cook Time: Approx. 5 Minutes Prep & 8-10 Minute Bake Time per Batch
Storage: Because of the natural ingredients used, the cookies store best in the Fridge or Freezer.
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!