My kids have never had a Jamba Juice before… but they have had ‘JimBob’ Juice! (I know, I’m weird)
Whoever says they can’t get their kids to eat greens hasn’t tried this juice… and it’s not just for kids! It might be hard to believe, but it’s so delicious!
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have & don’t forget to subscribe here or at YouTube so you’ll know when I have a new video up.
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
Here is the ingredient list for this ‘non’ recipe – feel free to experiment with it! If you have the Living Cookbook software, you can import the free recipe file by cutting and pasting it right into your program.
JimBob Juice in the VitaMix
1/2 Frozen Pineapple (cored or not)
1 Frozen Banana (or you can use a fresh one)
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (non-sweetened – not shown in the video above)
1 Slice Fresh Lemon (pith on, no outer peel)
1/2 Lychee (doesn’t add any real flavor)
Optional Fruit Ideas: Frozen Grapes, Apples, Lime, Pear, Lilikoi/Passion Fruit, Grapefruit, Melons, etc…
1/2 Head Green Leaf Lettuce
10 Fresh Green Beans
1/2 Fresh Cucumber
1/4 Fresh Beet (not shown in the video above)
1 Half Inch Cube of Ginger (ginger is a strong flavor, so use sparingly unless you like it strong)
Optional Veggie Ideas: Spinach, Kale, Cabbage, Carrots, etc… (just be sure to stay away from high fiber/pulp veggies like broccoli or Brussel sprouts – otherwise you’ll end up with Dirty Juice!)
2 TBSP Unsweetened Apple Juice Concentrate
2 TBSP Unsweetened Grape Juice Concentrate
1 Cup Water
2 Cups Ice (use to taste/texture)
- In the VitaMix, add all ingredients in the container and top with water, then ice (start with less, and add more ice if needed as you go). Start at Variable Speed 1 and slowly move to speed 10 as the mixture begins to puree.
- Bring the speed up to ‘High’ and use the tamper to push the frozen ingredients into the blades. Remove the tamper and put the cap back on until the smoothie is… well, smooth!
- Bring the speed down at this point, turn off the VitaMix and you’re done!
- Serve as you would any smoothie and Enjoy!
Yield: Approx 8 Cups
Ready In: Approx. 5 minutes
- Fill any remaining mixture & toppings into Popsicle molds and freeze for later!
- This recipe can be easily adapted for a 100% ‘Raw’ diet… just leave out the Juice Concentrates.
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!