This recipe is very easy and can be changed into a semi-’raw’ dish if you only stir-fry the noodles and put the raw veggies on top. This is the perfect recipe if you are transitioning to a raw food (or whole food) lifestyle.
I have caught my son picking out the Broccoli, but if I take the time to chop it up a little smaller – he eats it without knowing it! This is weird, because he will drink broccoli willingly in the ‘Dirty Juice’ (see the related video on how to make this).
I used to dread mealtimes, because I never knew what to make… I wanted recipes that would be cheap, healthy, AND easy to make. This seemed impossible, but I forced myself to sit down and write out a realistic Meal Plan – Although we aren’t 100% raw, I also wanted recipes that would satisfy our body, health and budget – but it had to taste good too!
Here is the ingredient list… or if you have the Living Cookbook software, you can download the free .fdx recipe file and import it:
Living Cookbook .fdx Recipe File:
Veggie Stir Fry (To Download: Right mouse click on the recipe and select ‘save file as’ – Save to your computer and then you can import it into your Living Cookbook program.
Veggie Stir Fry Recipe:
2 stalks Celery (chopped)
1/3 head Onion (chopped)
1 head Broccoli (approx. 10-15 florets)
1 each Carrot (sliced)
1/4 head Green and/or Red Cabbage (chopped)
3 packages Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Packet (flavors vary)
Seasonings & Oil
1 1/2 packets Seasoning (Packet that comes in the Rice Noodles) or Season to taste.
1 1/2 packets Sesame Oil (Packet that comes in the Rice Noodles)
2 Tbs Soy Vay’s Veri, Veri, Teriyaki Sauce (or to taste)
2 Tbs Olive Oil
3 Tbs Water (if mixture seems dry or as needed)
- Open Rice Noodle packages and break noodles in half, then place in bowl. Fill with just enough water to cover the noodles. Let sit for no more than 5 minutes – otherwise the noodles will become mushy. You want the noodles to be pliable, but still very chewy.
- Clean & Chop all veggies. Feel free to add in whatever veggies you think will be tasty and hold up during the stir-fry process. If you want more Raw veggies, you can also hold all of the veggies until the end and just stir-fry the noodles.
- Place Olive Oil in Large Skillet over Medium Heat.
- Once skillet is heated, put all of the veggies in and mix well.
- Add the Noodles, then stir in the Teriyaki, Seasoning and Sesame Oil packets.
- Let mixture sit in skillet and stir well every 1-2 minutes until noodles start to turn golden brown and get a little ‘crunchy’.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have! :-)