A lot of moms want to know how it’s possible to get the recommended daily allowance of fruits and veggies into their families diet… Well, here is my Dirty Juice Recipe and ‘How To’ Video for one of my favorite ways. This was the first video I ever posted to YouTube (several years ago) – it’s noisy & awful! But with almost 250,000 views and hundreds of comments, it became the reason I got started posting Recipes on my site!
Although there’s no dirt actually involved in the process – the end result of this recipe is pure, unfiltered juice, my family has dubbed ‘Dirty Juice’. Some might say this is an ‘acquired taste’, but after a while, you’ll be craving the healthy burst of energy you’ll have after drinking 8 oz of this yummy nectar!
My kids have been raised on this juice. We rarely, if ever, buy ‘store bought’ kind. They love it & so do I. But mostly I love knowing that they are getting tons of extra fiber & nutrients into diets without even knowing it!
If you don’t already have a Vita-Mix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about Vita-Mix you can go directly to the Vita-Mix website.
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
This Dirty Juice Recipe has earned its place of honor at the kitchen table. With the perfect balance of fruits & veggies – it’s a delicious way to get more nutrients & fiber into your diet.
These ingredients are just suggestions… Sometimes I have everything on hand, other times I don’t. Feel free to play around with the recipe & make it your own.
- 2 Whole Red Apples (skin on – cut into half – core removed)
- 6 Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Whole Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Cup Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 Cup Red Grapes (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Cup Carrots (approx. 1 large carrot)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 5 Leaves Kale
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage (red and/or green)
- 1/2 Small Head of Beet (raw with outer skin removed)
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli (approx. 4-5 small heads)
- 2-4 Pitted Dates or 1/4 cup Frozen Grape Juice Concentrate (Natural, no sugar)
- 3 tbs Lemon Juice Concentrate (or use 2 thin slices of fresh lemon)
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 14 cubes Ice cubes
- In Vita-Mix, combine all ingredients (except Ice Cubes) and mix on High for approximately 1 minute (until well processed) using tamper to thoroughly mix.
- Stop Vita-Mix and add Ice Cubes, then blend again on high for approx. 20-30 seconds.
- Store in air-tight container (preferably glass) in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Feel free to experiment with ingredients. Just be sure to keep a good balance between fruits and veggies – otherwise you’re juice will be too sweet or too ‘earthy’. You may even find a combination that you like even better! The whole point is to start adding more fresh fruits & veggies in your diet.
- Don’t forget to wash all fresh ingredients thoroughly before using.
- If you don’t like the thickness, feel free to dilute the juice with more water… Or, you can always strain the juice in a nut-milk bag or through several layers of cheese cloth.
- Serving Size: 8 oz
- Calories: 100