This Gluten Free Breadcrumb Recipe is super easy and only takes about 2 minutes to make in your Vitamix or Food Processor! These breadcrumbs taste amazing and will work perfectly in all your favorite recipes… 1 for 1, just like the regular kind!
Most bread crumb recipes call for a stale or dried loaf of bread… But this recipe uses Enjoy Life’s EXTREMELY Crunchy Rice Cereal – and it works perfectly! I’ve been using this cereal for years in my Mojolicious Snack Balls & we love them!
*** UPDATE*** I’m sad to report that in 2018 Enjoy Life decided to discontinue the Perky’s Nutty Rice Cereal (insert me throwing a two-year old fit)… I’ve yet to find a perfect replacement, but I now use Schar Gluten Free Table Crackers in place of the cereal – these are delish!
We use this recipe for making Fried Zucchini & Fried Chicken, Onion Rings, Meatloaf & Meatballs, Casseroles & adding flair to all kinds of dishes. More recipes coming soon!
The special tools & ingredients used in this recipe are:Print
Gluten Free Breadcrumb Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cups 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
The BEST Gluten Free Breadcrumb Recipe – So EASY to make & works perfectly in your favorite recipes like: Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Casseroles & More! Save money making your own.
- 1 10 oz Box or 3 3/4 Cups of Enjoy Life Crunchy Rice Cereal (aka Perky’s – **CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED**) or 2 Bags of Schar Gluten Free Entertainment Crackers.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Parsley
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt (you can use less if desired)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- In container of Vitamix or Food Processor, add all ingredients.
- Pulse or Blend on low to medium-high speeds until a fine bread crumb consistency is achieved. Stop & stir if necessary or use your tamper if you’re using a Vitamix.
- Use cup for cup in all of your favorite recipes that call for breadcrumbs.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to several months.
Bulk Preparation: I make this in bulk using the Enjoy Life Crunchy Rice Cereal 5 lb bags.
To prepare in bulk use: 5 lbs. Cereal; 1/4 Cup Parsley; 1/4 Cup Salt; 1/4 Cup Onion Powder; 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder; 2 Tablespoons Mustard Powder; 1 Tablespoon Pepper (or to taste). Blend cereal into breadcrumbs & mix in spices by hand in large bowl. Makes 16 cups.
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 150
It appears as if the Enjoy Life Crispy Rice Cereal is no longer available which is a bummer! Any suggestions for an alternative?
I wanted to try this recipe, but I have found out that Enjoy Life Crunchy Rice Cereal has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I was wondering what you now use in place of it.
I just clicked on the link to see what it was and if I could substitute for crispy rice and the link and comments say bring back the cereal…….do you have a recommendation of a substitute? I was going to try the “rice”krispy idea?