A lot of moms want to know how it’s possible to get the recommended daily allowance of fruits and veggies into their families diet… Well, here is a recipe and ‘how to’ video for one of my favorite ways.
So there’s no dirt actually involved in the process – but since the end result is pure, unfiltered juice, my family has dubbed this recipe ‘Dirty Juice’. Some might say this is an ‘acquired taste’, but after a while, you’ll be craving the healthy burst of energy you’ll have after drinking 8 oz of this yummy nectar! My son has been raised on this juice and has never had the ‘store bought’ kind. He loves it, and so does my husband – who is a real ‘meat and potatoes’ kind of guy.
If you don’t already have a Vita-Mix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about Vita-Mix you can go directly to the Vita-Mix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
- 2 whole Red Apples (skin on - cut into half - core removed)
- 6 berries Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 whole Banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- ⅔ cup Red Grapes (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Carrots (approx. 1 large carrot)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 5 Leaves Kale
- ½ cup Cabbage (red and/or green)
- ¾ head Beets (outer skin removed)
- ½ cup Broccoli (approx. 4-5 small heads)
- ¼ cup Frozen Grape Juice Concentrate (Natural, no sugar) or 2-3 Pitted Dates
- 3 tbs Lemon Juice Concentrate (or use 2 thin slices of fresh lemon)
- 1½ cup Water
- 14 cubes Ice cubes
- In Vita-Mix, combine all ingredients (except Ice Cubes) and mix on High for approximately 1 minute (until well processed) using tamper to thoroughly mix.
- Stop Vita-Mix and add Ice Cubes, then blend again on high for approx. 20-30 seconds.
- Store in air-tight container (preferably glass) in fridge for 2-3 days.
Don't forget to wash all fresh ingredients thoroughly before using.
If you don't like the thickness, feel free to dilute the juice with more water... Or, you can always strain the juice in a nut-milk bag or through several layers of cheese cloth.