Store bought Brown Rice Flour & White Rice Flour is relatively expensive when compared to buying Whole Grain Rice. Plus, there’s nothing fresher and more nutrient rich than grinding grains yourself. With the VitaMix, you can make Fresh Organic Brown Rice Flour in less than 60 seconds from Whole Brown, White or Multi Grain Rice !!
Rice Flours are also perfect for those following a Gluten Free diet and it makes an excellent Gluten Free Flour alternative!
Here’s a quick video tutorial & recipe on how to do it.
The special tools & ingredients featured in this recipe are:
- VitaMix Blender / Kitchen Tool
- Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice – I buy almost all of my supplies from Nuts.com or Amazon.com – they are both AWESOME!!
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
If you have the Living Cookbook software, you can import the free recipe file by cutting and pasting it right into your program.
Fresh Rice Flour in the VitaMix
All ingredients I used in the video were Organic.
- 1/2 Cup Brown, White or Multi Grain Rice
- The VitaMix is powerful! Grinding grains can cause the grains to heat up… so consider putting your Rice Grains into the Freezer for about 15-30 minutes before blending to avoid overheating the flour.
- Place the Whole Grain Rice into the VitaMix – The VitaMix 32 Ounce Dry Blade Container works the best, but you can use the VitaMix Standard Wet Blade Container… just be sure it is completely dry (inside & out) before using.
- Starting at Variable Speed 1, Working your way quickly to Variable Sped 10, and on to High.
- After you start to see the Rice crush into flour, stop the VitaMix and give the Rice a quick stir with the blunt edge of a knife or spatula. This will make sure that everything is blended evenly.
- Repeat the blending steps again, until you see the Rice Flour smooth and evenly ground inside the container.
- Let the Rice Flour cool before storing it in an airtight container.
Yields: Approximately 3/4 Cup of Brown Rice Flour
Preparation & Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Freezing & Approx. 2 Minutes for Prep/Blend.
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!