I’m always amazed at the list of things my Vitamix can do. We all know it makes the best smoothies & frozen desserts.. Some of you may even know that it can make hot soup. But, not many people know that you can make your own Flours, Powdered Sugars, Flax Meal, Ground Coffee & Nut Butters, all with a Vitamix!
In this Video, I demonstrate How To Make Your Own Rice Flour in the Vitamix, in less than 60 seconds from Whole Grain Brown, White or even Sprouted Rice.
Rice Flours are great for those following a Gluten Free diet. Please note that although the Vitamix can make Rice Flour suitable for cooking, it may not be as ‘superfine’ as you might find from commercial flours such as Bob’s Red Mill.
If you don’t already have a Vitamix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
Your Vitamix can do much more than make smoothies… It can also make Flours out of Whole Grains. Here’s How to Make Your Own Rice Flour in the Vitamix with Video Tutorial.
- 1/2 Cup Brown, White or Multi Grain Rice
- The Vitamix is powerful! Grinding grains can cause the grains to heat up… For best results, put your Rice Grains into the Freezer for about 15-30 minutes before blending to avoid overheating the flour.
- Place the Whole Grain Rice into the Vitamix – The Vitamix 32 Ounce Dry Blade Container works the best, but you can use the Vitamix Standard Wet Blade Container… just be sure it is completely dry (inside & out) before using.
- Starting at Variable Speed 1, Working your way quickly to Variable Sped 10, and on to High.
- After you start to see the Rice crush into flour, stop the Vitamix and give the Rice a quick stir with the blunt edge of a knife or spatula. This will make sure that everything is blended evenly.
- Repeat the blending steps again, until you see the Rice Flour smooth and evenly ground inside the container.
- Let the Rice Flour cool before storing it in an airtight container.
Do NOT grind wet/soaked rice without making sure it is completely dry unless you plan to use it immediately after grinding.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 575