Pre-Packaged snack bars are usually very expensive and the ingredients are not as healthy as you think… Here’s a tasty recipe to make your own ‘Mojo-Licious’ snack bars that solve both of these problems. Enjoy!
Feel free to post any questions or comments you may have & don’t forget to subscribe here or at YouTube so you’ll know when I have a new video up.
If you don’t already have a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. For free shipping, be sure to use: Coupon Code: 06-004166
Here is the ingredient list and procedure for this recipe – feel free to experiment with it! If you have the Living Cookbook software, you can import the free recipe file by cutting and pasting it right into your program.
MojoLicious Snack Bars
Wet Mixture Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut Butter (all natural, no sugar – can use raw)
1 cup Organic Brown Rice Syrup
1/3 cup Raw Agave Syrup
1 1/2 Tbs Vanilla
1 1/2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 to 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (don’t use too much of this or your bars will taste slimy)
1 cup Raw Peanuts or Cashews
1 cup Raw Almonds
1 cup Dry Roasted Soy Beans (non GMO)
1 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 cup Raisins (or currants)
1 cup Natural Coconut flakes (nothing added)
Add Last Ingredients:
12 oz Box of Perky’s Crunchy Rice Cereal (4.5 Cups)
1 cup Thin Pretzel Sticks (broken into pieces)
3/4 cup Chocolate or Carob chips (optional)
- Prepare a deep cookie sheets (aka – Jelly Roll Pan) by lining with Parchment or Wax Paper. Set-Aside.
- In large bowl: Combine all Dry Ingredients (except the ‘add last’ ingredients) and mix well. Set-Aside.
- In separate bowl: Combine all wet mixture ingredients and stir well with spatula…mixture will be thick.
- Bring wet mixture to a thinner consistency by warming it in a dehydrator or double boiler – but only until mixture is warm and thin – do not over heat! If using a Microwave, cook on High for 1 minute – stirring well every 20-30 seconds. Microwave for an additional 30 Seconds until mixture is thoroughly warm.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix WELL! Mixture should be sticky.
- At this time, add in the Nutty Rice Crisps, Pretzels, and Chocolate/Carob Chips. Continue mixing with Rubber Spatula until mixture is evenly and well blended. This may take a few minutes.
- Using the Rubber Spatula, spread and press mixture evenly into prepared pan. You may need to press mixture with hands to ensure bars are solid and evenly spread out.
- Freeze or Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then cut into 2″ x 2″ bars and store in airtight bag/container or wrap individually in plastic wrap . Best if kept refrigerated.
Yield: 48 2″ x 2″ Squares or ‘Bars’
Ready In: Approx. 30 minutes
- Almost any other ‘Nut’ Butter may be substituted for Peanut Butter.
- If you have allergies to a particular nut, feel free to replace it with another one of your choice.
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!