Our new neighbors moved in a couple of weeks ago I wanted to welcome them to the neighborhood. Not wanting to go empty handed, I picked up a jar of Homemade Sugar Free Strawberry Jam and a loaf of this Gluten Free Zucchini Bread to bring over.
Normally it would be a risky idea to bring your new neighbors something Gluten Free, but this recipe is so good, that you honestly can’t tell the difference. As it turns out, the wife is really into natural & whole foods, and was excited to hear that both items were free of refined sugars!
After having a chance to taste the bread, she stopped me the other day to ask for the recipe – so here it is!
The Tools & Ingredients Used in this Recipe:Print
Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe & Muffins
This Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe is Dairy Free & so moist & delicious… You’ll never know it’s Gluten Free. Make it into a loaf or muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 9x5 Loaf or 12 Muffins
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 Cups of Erika’s All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar of Choice (I used Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Canola or Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Grated Fresh Zucchini (I’ve also made a delicious variation using 1/2 zucchini 1/2 carrot with a little applesauce to get the correct consistency)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Nuts of Choice
- Chocolate Chips
- You may also need some Non-Stick Spray for oiling your Pans if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your Loaf or Muffin Pan – use a Non-Stick Spray if necessary.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry mix ingredients & set-aside.
- Add the eggs into the bowl of your Stand Mixer with the paddle attachment and beat on Medium-High until they are light – approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the oil slowly and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vanilla & grated zucchini and beat until just combined.
- Add the dry flour mixture to your wet mixture & beat until combined.
- Stir in any optional ingredients.
- Pour into your loaf pan or muffin cups.
- Bake Loaf at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For Muffins, bake for 20-25 minutes. I use my Digital Pen Thermometer
- To test the temperature of my gluten free breads and pull them out of the oven once they hit an internal temp of 200-210 degrees.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes before turning the loaf out on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Store in airtight container or in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 225
Without refined sugar (I use Date Palm Sugar), the muffins turn out
a bit darker in color, but are still moist and full of flavor.
This photo came out a little dark and pink… but you get the idea!